Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Weird problem with JSTL

    Hi to all,
    my name's Diego and I have developed a website using JSP that connect to a MySQL server. I developed it locally using NetBeans and Tomcat. It works perfectly. I uploaded the website to a server that use also tomcat as webserver but I have problems. I used JSTL libraries. If i write in a JSP page:
    <c:set var="prova" value="prova" />
    <c:out value="${prova}" />
    Locally: it prints "prova"
    On the server: it prints "${prova}"
    On the server, if instead of <c:out value="${prova}" /> I write <% out.println(prova); %> it prints "prova"
    I copied the jstls jar file in WEB-INF/lib and also to tomcat/common/lib so I think that Tomcat now should support JSTL. If not, it should out an error when I try to set a variable or to print it.
    I don't know what to do and I don't know what to search on google to find if someone else had the same problem. Could anyone to help me? Thank you very much

  2. #2
    FON
    FON is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    368
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Here is a my previous post about setting JSTL but with Eclipse not Netbeans.

    Jstl

    There are other solutions where you have to add <taglib> in web.xml.

    Have you included standard.jar also?

    Are Tomcat versions same?

    How come there are no errors? Did you check catalina.out log file?
    If library is not set there has to be some error?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FON View Post
    Here is a my previous post about setting JSTL but with Eclipse not Netbeans.

    Jstl

    There are other solutions where you have to add <taglib> in web.xml.

    Have you included standard.jar also?

    Are Tomcat versions same?

    How come there are no errors? Did you check catalina.out log file?
    If library is not set there has to be some error?
    Thank you for your replies. Finally it works but I don't know what was the problem. I tried to delete the jars, re-insert them, than I changed the URI to the previous version of JSP container and exited an error. Then I re-changed the URI to the original version and all started to work. I don't know why this happened but the important thing is that now it works :)

Similar Threads

  1. weird problem
    By GPB in forum New To Java
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 03:27 AM
  3. Weird msdos problem
    By dudejonne in forum New To Java
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
  4. Weird path problem when reading properties file
    By jerry_popperq in forum New To Java
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM
  5. Weird problem upon calling same function twice
    By alin_ms in forum New To Java
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •