Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 12-11-2012, 01:01 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Rep Power
Looking for the best JSF user auth in my case
Today I have read about many different ways and I need to ask about them (so I created an account here, Hi!:))
So, The most famous one is: FORM based authentication, using JDBC and realms configured in Glassfish. But I think it is a little bit.. not flexible. I don't want to set database name, and tables where will be username, password, group etc. as constant. It could change. And when I use many databases, where tables with passwords could be named differently - I think this solution will never work.
Here is my case, and question: Which authentication mechanism should I use, in case when I've web-service that has a method which returns whether username and password are correct? That function will connect to DB itself to check whether user and password is ok.. I need only the whole mechanism that will care about which page display (login page or "requested" page). And in case login page, it will use that web-service method to check it..
Really thanks for help,
Last edited by mnd017; 12-11-2012 at 01:04 AM.
- 12-11-2012, 07:54 AM #2
- By Zyzex in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 1Last Post: 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM
- By Zyzex in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-20-2012, 04:57 AM
- By cloverrea in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2011, 12:00 AM
- By vaibhav818 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM