Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-29-2014, 12:25 AM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
Question regarding Multithreading in JavaFX
I am using multithreading and JavaFX to grab the data from a database, so I update the GUI using progressbar. Say for example 10 progress bar for 10 threads. If I have 100,000 records in a database from which I am planning to
pull using 10 threads then I am pulling 1000 records at a time using 10 threads.
My Question is:
1) Is it possible to have a stop button next to 10 progress bars and stop a particular thread if I wish to. As far as I know, once the threads are started in a multithreaded environment, it can't be stopped unlesh they finish ?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
- 03-29-2014, 12:30 AM #2
Re: Question regarding Multithreading in JavaFXit can't be stopped
I am assuming that the thread is executing code that you have written.If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.
- By Jack_Tauson_Sr in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 3Last Post: 03-27-2014, 04:12 AM
- By SnakeDoc in forum JavaFXReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2013, 12:10 AM
- By javajp in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 0Last Post: 02-14-2013, 12:01 AM
- By booboo0187 in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 2Last Post: 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 1Last Post: 01-27-2010, 05:48 PM