Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 07-28-2014, 12:32 PM #1Banned
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
Glue Group Shapes & Improved Export Layout Quality of MS Visio Drawings
What is new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.1.0 . If your Microsoft Visio users have prepared a pretty heavy drawing in a beautiful layout, chances are they’d like to maintain its appearance when exporting it to other formats. We have improved the APIs performance in this area. This release includes a number of key fixes when exporting Visio diagram to the PDF format. Such as the arrow thickness is preserved in the output PDF format. Previously, it was ignored. The caption text gets overlapped with the arrow symbol line. It is now fixed. The black spots were generated in the output PDF format. The heading row in table and other icons at the bottom were getting blackened. Pop up message was appearing as “Do you want to save changes to ‘MyDigram.pdf’ before closing?” while closing output PDF documents.
Aspose.Diagram for Java is fully ported from the Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. The porting process has added a few more features that are already available in the latest version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET. Below is a of new features.
- Gets a master from a Microsoft Visio drawing by name – Developers can now retrieve a master object using its name. The MasterCollection.getMasterByName method searches all masters in the masters collection’s containing master. Developers just need to pass the exact master name. Developers can use either the master ID or name: the MasterCollection.GetMaster and MasterCollection.GetMasterByName methods give developers that option. You can find the details of this feature in the following help topic: Get Master from a Visio Drawing by Name
- Glue group shapes inside a container – Developers can dynamically glue group shapes inside the container group shape. You can find details of this feature in the following help topic: Glue Group Shape Inside a Container
- Check for the presence of master in a Visio drawing by name – Developers can now check the presence of a master object by its name using the MasterCollection.IsExist method. It checks that the title master exists and, if it does, returns true, otherwise false. Developers can use either the master ID or name: the MasterCollection.IsExist method supports both options. You can find details of this feature in the following help topic: Check Presence of a Master in a Visio Drawing
- Glue Visio shapes together with connection points - This feature allows developers to glue shapes together with connection points. A connection point is a special point on a shape that can be used to “glue” other shapes to it. When developers glue a shape to a connection point, the shapes stay connected, even if one of the shapes is moved. Please see this feature in the following help topic: Glue Visio Shapes Together with Connection Point
- Reading shape data is not synchronized
- Shape.connectedShapes method throws ClassCastException message
- Shape.gluedShapes method throws ClassCastException message
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Diagram for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Diagram for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Add and Connect Visio Shapes
- Glue Group Shape Inside the Container
Overview: Aspose.Diagram for Java
Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with MS Visio files & is a pure Java alternate for MS Visio Object Model. It is a standalone Visio Java library and does not depend on Microsoft Office Visio. It enables developers to work with VSD & VDX files and they can open files & Add & manipulate the elements of the diagram, export Visio files to PDF, XML, HTML, images format, SVG & several other formats, Rotate a shape, Add a hyperlink to a Visio shape, protect diagram shape and many more. Aspose.Diagram can be used with any kind of application, whether it’s a Web Application or a Windows Desktop Application.
More about Aspose.Diagram for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Diagram for Java
- Download Aspose.Diagram for Java
- Online documentation of Aspose.Diagram for Java
Suite 119, 272 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood, NSW, 2067
Aspose - Your File Format Experts
- By incredibleX in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 11-01-2013, 02:41 PM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2012, 11:44 AM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
- By random7 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 07-26-2010, 09:26 AM