Control Images in Excel Files to HTML Conversion & Set Text Direction in Shapes
What is new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.2 has been released. This release provides the getter & setter for the TextDirection property in the Shape class. The aforesaid property now lets developers to control the direction of the text in shapes including the spreadsheet comments. The setTextDirection method accepts a value from the constants TextDirectionType, and applies the text direction as Left to Right, Right to Left or Context. Prior to this release, developers couldn’t control images when exporting spreadsheets (Excel files) to HTML format. Starting with Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.2, the API has exposed the ImageOptions for the HtmlSaveOptions class, allowing developers to set preferences for images in output HTML files. ImageOptions has brought a great deal of features that can be set. A few of the most important settings are listed below.
- The image format can be set.
- The image quality can be specified from a range of 0 to 100 if ImageFormat is set to Jpeg.
- The compression type can be set when the ImageFormat is set to Tiff.
- The background transparency can be set if the specified ImageFormat is set to Png.
- Rendering hints allow specifying smoothing edges to the text as well as lines and curves.
- Vertical & horizontal resolution of the images.
Another notable enhancement has been made to the HtmlLoadOptions class by exposing the Boolean ConvertFormulasData property. Setting this property to true when using the setConvertFormulasData method allows the API to interpret any string value starting with character “=” as a formula. Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.2 has provided fixes for several important issues, such as a couple of problems related to rendering PivotTables as PDF, range references, deleting columns & AutoFitRows with different font settings. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Support custom theme for shape properties
- Set Rendering Hints for Images while Exporting Spreadsheets to HTML
- Range referring issue is resolved and now referring to correct area
- WorkbookRender.toPrinter() method now properly print picture
- Pivot Column Grand problem is resolved while rendering XLTX to PDF
- Cell alignment issues are resolved in the rendered PDF file
- Converting Excel file with large number of columns into PDF file
- AutoFitColumns is now working when used with different font settings
- Cursor still move to last column after using Cells.DeleteColumn() to delete it is now fixed
- Generated EMFshape is not same as the original is now fixed
- Excel bookmarks are now generated when converted to PDF
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Change Text Direction of the Comment
- Converting Excel Files to HTML
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Java
- Download Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - The .NET and Java component publisher