Render Documents to PostScript3.0 Format & Enhanced Document Style API
What is new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 13.8.0 has been released. Postscript is a page description language known for its wide use in the electronic and desktop publishing areas. For this reason it is often referred to as “the printer language” as it has become the de facto standard for printing quality output. Aspose.Words for .NET and Java now supports saving directly to PostScript format (this format is not supported in Aspose.Words for Android as it does not support printing yet). This format provides an opportunity for users to improve printing performance even further by avoiding the printing framework of the platform which can add unnecessary overhead when printing via traditional means. With support for saving directly to PostScript these commands can be sent directly to the printer. When a Microsoft Word document has editing restrictions and is marked to allow no changes you can still add exceptions and allow specific users to edit certain range of a document. Aspose.Words now supports working with protected ranges and can preserve them correctly when saving to and from DOC, DOCX, WML and RTF formats. Alongside this new feature is a brand new API to access and modify the various details of protected ranges in a document. This sees the introduction of two new nodes in the Aspose.Words document object model including a façade class to allow easy access of the range a single entity. This month’s release also provides further members to the already rich API for working with document styles. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Rendering to PostScript 3.0 is now supported
- Metafile rendering performance significantly improved
- EditableRange API introduced
- German ordinal/cardinal list label generation supported
- Improved tab width computation in marginal scenarios
- Improved table border rendering with conflicting or missing attributes
- /protection ranges/ Support protection of selected ranges in documents.
- Add an option to resample images to size and resolution before writing to PDF
- Consider adding an ability to remove style from the document.
- Support rendering document to PostScript
- Consider adding a property to Style class which shows if a Style is part of the Quick Styles gallery in a document
- /protection ranges/ permStart/permEnd tags are lost during open/save DOCX and WML
- Consider public API for removal of External Custom XML Schema References
- Support German numbering localization
- /protection ranges/ Header footer protection while document remains editable
- Content controls become non-editable during open/save
- Preserve protection of selected ranges upon DOC round-trip.
- Document.Save do not preserve unprotected regions
- Span width is not preserved during converting MHTML to Word
- Add option to convert SVG to EMF instead of PNG in output Pdf file
- Text moves to next line after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Render path gradient in SWF.
- Center-aligned text becomes left-aligned after HTML roundtrip
- Background specified using patterns is not displayed in HTML.
- br between two tables doesn't take effect
- Left alignment of text in one cell is changed to center alignment during HTML export.
- Color specified in row style has no effect during HTML import.
- First table row appears bold during converting to HTML.
- Formating of table is incorrect when save to DOCX.
- Make it possible to detect floating tables via the public API
- Documents when saved in doc and pdf format looks different
- File size is unacceptably increased after HTML export.
- Background color applied to paragraph has no effect during HTML export.
- FileCorruptedException is thrown upon loading MHTML.
- Part of content is moved to the next page upon rendering.
- WMF Raster operations is not supported // Doc to PDF conversion issue, when an excel embedded object exists in doc file
- Image appears as "red cross" after open and save in html format.
- section.PageSetup.RestartPageNumbering does not effect after conversion
- table layouts get corrupted when "PAGE" field inserted
- Improve Paragraph border rendering
- UpdateFields messes the rendering of merged cells of table
- CellMerge do not work properly when InsertField("Page") inserted after table
- Layout Problems with DOC to PDF conversion
- Consider adding a Callback event that triggers when a table is split across pages
- Revision is read incorrecly.
- Arrow heads in flow chart Shape are not visible in PDF
- Table Borders are missing when converting Docx to PDF
- Value of PAGE field is incorrectly calculated during RTF to PDF conversion
- A Paragraph renders on to the previous page in PDF
- StyleCollection.AddCopy do not work correctly with themes
- Copies of the template are not getting separated by a section break in destination document
- /legacy lists/ Amount of Tab space between List number and Text is incorrectly - calculated during rendering to PDF
- Font formatting issue after conversion from Doc to Png
- Textbox overlaps the content of following Paragraph after appending documents
- Document constructor hangs during loading a MHTML
- Slow conversion of word to pdf with 126.96.36.199 but not with 188.8.131.52
- PageNumberFinder does no longer generate two column structured document
- System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs during rendering to HTML
- Aspose.Pdf no longer reads metadata keys/values correctly in PDF generated by - Aspose.Words
- Colspan duplicates cells during opening HTML is fixed
- Numbering in RTL document goes outside right margin is now fixed
- Vertical merge information lost after open/save HTML is fixed.
- Shapes now properly appear on "Selection Pane" in MS Word 2010 after open/save DOCX
- On DOC to PDF conversion, Table at the end of page is truncated
- Incorrect page layout in PDF and Debug.Assert warnings while loading the document is now fixed
- Incorrect rotation of the image is fixe
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Numbering Features Supported on PDF Export
- Document Features Supported on Print Export
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Java Word Library
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET:
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts