Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 07-08-2013, 07:47 PM #1Banned
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
Render OpenXps, Data Binding to Custom XML & HTML5 Standards Supported
What is new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 13.6.0 has been released. Aspose.Words has gained more than 600 new features and bug fixes this year so far, with many more coming with each monthly release. This month’s release includes a further 100+ improvements to Aspose.Words for .NET and Java. The Open XML Paper Specification (called OpenXPS for short) is an XML-based fixed document format often used in rendering and printing. The format is heavily based on and succeeds the existing XPS format and was standardized as an open document standard format by Ecma International in mid-2009. Support for OpenXPS was the next step as the format can now be widely adopted by many organizations now that it is standardized. It also appears as the default format used by Microsoft XPS Document Writer on the Windows 8 operating system. We have finished integration of a new HTML parser in both Aspose.Words for .NET and Java which conforms to the HTML 5 standards. This means that HTML documents loaded into Aspose.Words are now properly read and interpreted compared to the old parser which did not conform to HTML 5 standards and thus would sometimes result in incorrectly loaded documents or errors. In last month’s blog post we reported progress on the next version of the Structured Document Tag API. This month’s release includes further improvements to the API, including the hotly requested feature Data Binding to Custom XML properties. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Improved algorithm of content width calculation inside table cells.
- More support for compatibility options in layout.
- Layout performance improvements.
- Decrease document size with Document.RemoveUnusedResources().
- Theme fonts are used in calculation of Run.Font font names.
- Many HTML and MHTML import improvements.
- Material when rendering VML objects with 3D effects.
- PDF form fields rendering improvements.
- Support OpenXPS
- Consider adding an ability to remove unused Styles/Lists/Fonts from the document.
- Consider exposing theme’s information.
- Consider adding RegionStart/End as equivalent of TableStart/End.
- Values of controls are changed when rendering. (CustomXml)
- Provide an ability to save a document from SWF viewer.
- Add Table Text Wrapping property to Table object.
- List labels format is changed after rendering.
- Create DmlX model objects for every diagram element according to specs.
- Read XML and build DmlX model. (Proper DmlXBuilder classes development).
- Support all "layout" and "fake" fields in HTML export.
- [VML 3D] Implement influence of material on face and edge color
- List numbering style is not preserved during rendering to Pdf
- Style.Font.Name does not return the correct font name
- Provide options to generate a scalable SVG
- Support OL and LI style attribute
- Text file with ANSI encoding is not correctly loaded into Aspose.Words.Document
- Release the .NET examples dashboard
- Update Aspose.Total installer build scripts
- Consider updating the REF field based off the SelectedValue of FORMDROPDOWN
- Provide a way to specify a remote location as a Fonts Folder
- Date (fixed) field is not preserved during open/save an ODT
- Legend is rendered incorrectly.
- Date content control (SDT) is not rendered in PDF
- AutoShape color is changed upon open/save.
- Vertical text is positioned inmproperly in textbox upon rendering
- Display pages side by side when there is enough space
- Strange heading name appears in EPUB navigation map
- Child region name is case-sensitive during mail merge.
- document to pdf file conversion with Full Fonts generates large size file
- Improve thick textbox border rendering
- Doc to ePub conversion issue with image
- Create CSS selector classes
- Multiple copies of a single page document are not printed
- Text alignment issue in a table after conversion from Doc to HTML
- The test TestCollector sometimes is failed
- Support "Don't vertically align inside of textboxes" compatibility option in the layout
- Post this month's blog post and API changes
- Clean up doc build script
- Watermark is not displayed in TIFF when specifying TiffCompression.Ccitt4
- Add support of @page rulesets
- Borders.LineStyle is same for single, thick, hairline, inset, outset
- Content inside TextBox Shapes is not visible in fixed page formats
- Configure TC to run unit tests as parallel tasks
- Configure TC to use an external database
- Shape is only partially visible in fixed page formats
- Check red tests in ab_CssInheritance
- Table column widths are calculated incorrectly during rendering
- Improve CSS Parser performance
- Update TC pages in wiki
- Wrong algorithm of calculation CellPart.SpaceRight
- Document.Save method double the RTF size
- Update information in the docs about merging duplicate regions
- Aspose.Pdf is unable to locate images in Aspose.Words' generated PDFs
- Textbox position on DmlChart is incorrect.
- SmartArt text rendering issue while conversion from docx to PDF
- Consider HtmlMargins in the layout engine.
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue with image rendering
- Find a way to remove IsStroked property from the Shape class.
- Support Smart tag recognizer data during open/save DOC
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Footnotes an Endnote Features Supported on PDF Export
- Document Features Supported on XPS Export
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Java Word Library
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET:
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
- By deepali1234 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
- By surajkumar in forum XMLReplies: 0Last Post: 09-02-2008, 01:32 PM