Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: VisIt 2.6.2
- 03-30-2013, 01:52 AM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Rep Power
VisIt is an interactive parallel visualization and graphical analysis tool for viewing scientific data. Users can quickly generate visualizations from their data, animate them through time, manipulate them, and save the resulting images for presentations. VisIt contains a rich set of visualization features so that you can view your data in a variety of ways. It can be used to visualize scalar and vector fields defined on two- and three-dimensional (2D and 3D) structured and unstructured meshes. It was designed to interactively handle very large data set sizes in the terascale range, and works well down to small data sets in the kilobyte range.
This release fixes some critical bugs in prior versions. One of the most noteworthy fixes is the elimination of a memory leak in the viewer which could eventually crash the X server. In addition, several client/server, database reader, and Python-related bugs have been fixed. This release also features a self-contained Python-based launch script which is easier to customize. Support for parallel VisIt on MacOS X has been reinstated by building against MPICH, which gets installed into the VisIt application bundle.
- By java software in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM
- By java software in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2011, 07:14 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2007, 05:48 PM