Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 08-23-2012, 10:34 AM #1Saaspose
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
- Lane Cove
- Rep Power
Scan & Extract Text from Images in Web, Desktop & Mobile Applications
What is new in this release?
Saaspose development team is proud to announce the new release of Saaspose.OCR. This latest release of Saaspose.OCR allows users to extract text from images . There are two approaches used to extract text from images. Firstly, you can upload the desired file to Saaspose Storage using Saaspose.OCR REST API. Then you can extract text from the uploaded image using Saaspose.OCR REST examples. You can also use Saaspose.OCR SDK Examples to extract image text from file uploaded on Saaspose Storage for different languages like .NET, Java and PHP. Another way is to directly extract image text from files on your local system using Saaspose.OCR REST API and SDKs without saving the file to Saaspose Storage. You can use the file path or stream to extract text from images using Saaspose.OCR REST API. The file is sent through request stream to Saaspose servers, processed and the output is sent back as response stream. In this case, the file is not saved on Saaspose Storage. It is a single call process that uploads the file to server, extracts the text from image, sends image text back as response stream and deletes the source file from the server. We have SDK and REST examples for Saaspose.OCR that help you utilize it for your applications in the cloud. For more details, please refer to Saaspose.OCR documentation. Saaspose.OCR recognizes a collection of characters from the extracted text and supports different programming languages support for optical character recognition and text extraction from images files.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Saaspose.OCR documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Saaspose.OCR for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Extract Image Text From Local File (Java REST)
- Extract Image Text From Local File (.NET REST)
Saaspose.OCR is a platform independent REST API used for optical character recognition and document scanning. It allows developers to scan documents, extract text and recognize characters from the documents in the cloud. It supports OCR feature for whole image, partial image or a specific rectangular area of an image file. It can be used with languages like .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Rails, Python, jQuery & many others. It can also be integrated with other cloud services to process documents.
More about Saaspose.OCR
- Homepage Saaspose.OCR
- Download latest available Saaspose SDKs
- Online documentation for Saaspose.OCR
- Saaspose.OCR REST Live Examples
- Ask technical questions/queries from Saaspose Support Team
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Saaspose - Your File Format Experts 2.0
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
- By fatabass in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-19-2011, 04:24 PM
- By lse123 in forum JDBCReplies: 7Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:02 AM
- By Gajesh Tripathi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 13Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
- By ismailsaleh in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2009, 04:17 PM