Render Gray Colors to PDF for Proper Printing & Embedded EMF Images
What is new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 11.4.0 has been released. The release provides 133 fixes and new features. Aspose.Words now exports gray and black color to PDF the same way as how Microsoft Word does. Such color is now exported in the DeviceGray color space and all other types of colors are exported in DeviceRGB. This exports colors correctly as “true black” as the customer originally wanted. Aspose.Words already boasts support for rendering embedded EMF images to other formats such as PDF and image. Now rendering EMF+ metafiles can be added to the list of supported features as well. This release also adds further Improvements to OfficeMath Rendering. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Implemented embedded EMF+ metafiles rendering
- Implemented font style simulation while rendering to fixed page formats
- Improved rendering of gray colors to PDF for proper printing
- Improved PDF A1/B compatibility
- Improved EMF rendering.
- Image inserted by Aspose.Words appears with border in OpenOffice.
- Output custom footnote delimiter in layout
- Some highlight colors are not showed in the word document.
- Root // Preserve signature image upon round-trip.
- /snap to grid/ Support document line grid
- Unexpected endnote separator appears during rendering.
- /snap to grid/ Intervals between empty paragraphs are rendered smaller than it should.
- Non-existent separator line appears during footnote rendering
- Endnote separator appear on each page with endnotes but should note appear at all.
- /snap to grid/ Line spacing seems to be reduced in PDF
- /snap to grid/ Shapes are getting overlapped to the content in PDF/XPS etc
- implement Load and Save warnings for DOCX format.
- Implement Read and Write warnings for Vml.
- Move licenses to a central place in the installer and DLLs only downloads
- /rtl/ Support list labels in RTL paragraphs
- Create an article which demonstrates how to receive warnings when a font is substituted.
- Test Aspose.Words with Visual Studio 2011
- Text is misplaced after conversion Doc to PDF.
- Make it possible to use some special syntax so users can
- insert merge fields in HTML
- Support verification of digital signatures of a document
- Make links from documentation pages to API members functional in AWJAVA
- Apply attributes to image with rgb color map.
- Spaces in path prevent loading images from internet.
- Human-readable exceptions for digital signature and ecription code
- Add signature examples back to Java samples
- Table borders are shown not properly in DOCX.
- Right margin is set to 0 after open/save the document.
- Shape height is read incorrectly.
- Render custom footnote/endnote reference mark
- /anchor push:20/ Support floater anchor push algorithm
- SDTs combo box, SelectedItem doesn't show up
- Create an article and code sample which demonstrates how to specify default substitution font that is used upon rendering.
- Image quality problem with Doc format when use builder.InsertImage
- Support Vertical Alignment of elements in equations.
- Support all variants of fraction.
- WORDSNET-6209 Support column and row spacing in matrix and array.
- Update Aspose.Words on Codeplex
- Support italic font simulation in GdiRenderer
- Improve writing gray colors to PDF.
- Paragraph left indent increases in PDF
- PDF Validator rejects signed PDF/A-1b document
- Create an article for how to control how fonts are embedded in PDF
- Create an article for how to avoid embedding Base 14 fonts and standard Windows fonts
- Some internal git files appear in the examples archive
- Wrong Page Count while converting Docx to Pdf
- Fix any links using the old web address in the online documentation.
- RTF to Doc conversion issue, text is not properly render between Grid Lines
- Check any old external links that can be updated or don't exist anymore
- Check and fix any red links in the documentation pages
- Support font styles simulation when rendering to SWF
- Support font styles simulation when rendering to SVG
- Reduce memory usage during saving to PDF
- Investigate why height of glyphs in 'Cambria Math' is higher that needed when render to GDI.
- Picture colors are corrected when rendering to graphics
- Manipulations with bookmarks corrupt the model is fixed.
- Paragraph placement issues are resolved. Rendering/Converting to PDF.
- Improved Formatting of WML document
- Table in document is messed up after open save DOCX document is fixed.
- Shading patterns lost during rendering is fixed.
- Position of text on the page is changed during rendering.
- Rendered content layout differs a little from template is now fixed
- Fill pattern specified in MS Word is just pure gray after rendering.
- EMF+ rendering problem is resolved.
- Bold text becomes regular after converting DOC to DOCX is fixed
- Nested tables become misaligned when rendered is now fixed
- Watermark image shifts during rendering is now fixed
- Issues with Emf+ Dual // Border lines in metafile are resolved after rendering document.
- Characters overlap during rendering is fixed
- EMF images rendering with Question mark boxes in PDF is fixed
- Image lost upon converting WML document to ODT formats is fixed.
- Evaluation watermark causes page break when converting ODT is now resolved
- Cell borders are now rendered correctly in fixed page formats
- When the rtf file is converted to doc file, the layout of first cell of the table is incorrect.
- During Mail merge, hidden paragraphs and fields visibility issue in Pdf format is fixed.
- Improved Doc to SWF conversion issue
- Document background color is not retained when appended to anther Document
- Document Save corrupts DOCX during sending to Client's Browser is now fixed
- Doc to PDf conversion issue, extra space at the top of first page in Pdf is fixed
- Font language settings are lost when converting DOCX to DOC is now fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to: Print Multiple Pages on One Sheet ?
- How-to: Control New Pages during Mail Merge ?
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Aspose.Words for . Java
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET:
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts