Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Java Gearman Service 0.6
- 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Rep Power
Java Gearman Service 0.6
Java Gearman Service is a Java implementation of the gearman service, which provides a generic application framework that farms work out to other machines or processes that are better suited to do the work. It allows you to do work in parallel, to load balance processing, and to call functions in other languages. It can be used in a variety of applications, from high-availability Web sites to the transport of database replication events.
The service now uses the slf4j logging facade, allowing the user to have better control over logging. Persistent background jobs are now supported though an application hook. The API has been updated to be more user friendly, and it makes it easier to create divide-and-conquer/mapreduce applications (breaking the code of previous versions) A .properties file now may be used to set property values and fine-tune the application. The javadocs have been completed. Various bugfixes have been applied.
- By java software in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
- By creative.66 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:57 AM
- By hannes in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
- By appdevman in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2010, 05:08 PM
- By kirtichopra2003 in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-24-2009, 02:19 AM