Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-11-2012, 11:02 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Rep Power
Obba: A Java Object Handler for Spreadsheets (Excel and OpenOffice) - New Version 3.0
Obba provides a bridge between spreadsheets and Java objects.
With Obba, you can use spreadsheets as GUIs for your Java libraries; turning your Java library to platform independent spreadsheet add-ins or, alternatively, turning your spreadsheet to a GUI/TestSuit of you Java code.
Compatible with Excel/Windows, OpenOffice/Win/Mac/Linux, LibreOffice/Win/Mac/Linux, NeoOffice/Mac.
Obbas main features are:
- Statefull access to almost all objects and methods running in a Java virtual machine via a fixed set of spread sheet functions.
- Client/server support: The Java virtual machine providing the add-in may run on the same computer or a remote computer - without any change to the spreadsheet.
- Loading of arbitrary jar or class files at runtime through a spreadsheet function.
- Instantiation of Java objects, storing the object reference under a given object label.
- Invocation of methods on objects referenced by their object handle, storing the handle to the result under a given object label.
- Asynchronous method invocation and tools for synchronization, turning your spreadsheet into a multi-threaded calculation tool.
- Allows arbitrary number of arguments for constructors or methods (avoids the limitation of the number of arguments for Excel worksheet functions).
- Serialization and de-serialization (save Serializable objects to a file, restore them any time later).
- All this through spreadsheet functions, without any additional line of code (no VBA needed, no additional Java code needed).
For a tutorial see Obba tutorial. In this tutorial you create a Java class and a spreadsheet to fetch Stock quotes from finance.yahoo.com.
For a more detailed introduction see Obba documentation and Obba home page.
Version 3.0.7 of Obba is a major revision and brings support for running the Java virtual machine references in the spreadsheet on a different machine.
- By jyoti.dce in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
- By atvienna in forum JDBCReplies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
- By deepakts in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM
- By MiniMik in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-21-2009, 10:05 AM
- By urzaaa in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:38 PM