Aspose.Newsletter April 2012 Edition is out Now
Aspose Newsletter for April 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows generating a Worksheet Thumbnail with Aspose.Cells for Java & a migration tip for creating a new diagram with Aspose.Diagram for .NET. A video tutorial for rendering a Gantt chart with Aspose.Tasks for .NET.
In March, Aspose turned ten. We’re continuing to celebrate our tenth birthday this year and will introduce you to some of our very first users in the coming months. We’re also collecting stories about your experience of working with Aspose. If you have a story you want to share, please email us. We’re interested in hearing how your work has changed over the last 10 years, and how you have used our tools. Are you still using one of our very first products or have you only recently started working with us? We’re curious and want to know. There will be a reward for the best story.
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Total
If you need more than one of our tools, investigate Aspose.Total. Aspose.Total bundles all our products across a platform. Aspose.Total for SharePoint, for example, contains Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides. Aspose.Email and Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint. What’s more, as long as you have a valid subscription, you automatically get any new products that we release on your chosen platform. Click here to know more about Aspose.Total for .NET .
Technical Article – Generating a Worksheet Thumbnail with Aspose.Cells for Java
Thumbnails can be pasted into Word documents or PowerPoint presentations to give a preview of a worksheet. They can be added to web pages with a link to the original document and has many other uses. Aspose.Cells’ APIs allow you to output worksheets to image files so making a thumbnail is easy. Learn how. Click below to read the complete article about Generating a Worksheet Thumbnail with Aspose.Cells for Java .
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.2 - adds support for tables in XLS files, customizing Ribbon XML and adds a number of performance and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Words for .NET - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.8.0 - allows you to shrink the page content on a PDF page to reduce file size and adds a large number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 4.6.0 - adds SCC-14 barcode generation and fixes a number of issues.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.0.0 - adds password protection to PowerPoint presentations, supports medium trust, adding columns in PPTX files and more.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.2.0 - adds critical path recalculation and methods for other project data recalculation, plus enhancements.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.4.0 - add a group shape (with child shapes) by group master, set shape width and height.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 2.0.0 - add a group shape (with child shapes) by group master, set shape width and height.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 1.5.0 - adds conversion to EMLX, accessing tasks from PST files and working with tasks on Exchange Server, and more.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.2 - hotfix that allows you to check whether a column is blank and a few other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Java - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for Java 3.1.0 - a maintenance release that adds a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.0 - adds a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Email for Java 1.5.0 - support export to EMLX and a great number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint - a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.3.0 - Support conversion from HTML, text and image files to PDF, lets you add watermarks to PDF files.
- Aspose.Slides for SSRS 4.1.0 - adds support for Microsoft Report Viewer 2010.
- Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 4.6.0 - adds SCC-14 barcode generation and fixes an issue with licenses.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Slides for JasperReports 1.7.0 - fixes table text wrapping issues and other issues.
Tutorial Video – Rendering a Gantt Chart with Aspose.Tasks for .NET
With Aspose.Tasks for .NET you can work with Microsoft Project files from within you own applications. One of the tasks that you can perform is saving project data to an image of a Gantt chart. It’s a three step process: load the project, define image parameters and export an image. We’ll show you how in just under two minutes. Click here to watch the Video
watch the Video Tutorial
Migration Tip – Creating a New Diagram with Aspose.Diagram for .NET
One of Aspose’s goals is to free developers from dependence on Office Automation. To create a new Microsoft Visio diagram, for example, you can use VSTO or Aspose.Diagram. This migration tip compares the two approaches and we hope you’ll agree that the Aspose.Diagram method is rather more elegant. Click here Read the complete migration tip about Creating a New Diagram with Aspose.Diagram for .NET
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, April 2012 edition
– Collect the English version of this newsletter.
– Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter.
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts