Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: VisIt 2.4.2
- 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Rep Power
VisIt is an interactive parallel visualization and graphical analysis tool for viewing scientific data. Users can quickly generate visualizations from their data, animate them through time, manipulate them, and save the resulting images for presentations. VisIt contains a rich set of visualization features so that you can view your data in a variety of ways. It can be used to visualize scalar and vector fields defined on two- and three-dimensional (2D and 3D) structured and unstructured meshes. It was designed to interactively handle very large data set sizes in the terascale range, and works well down to small data sets in the kilobyte range.
This is primarily a bugfix release which resolves issues in several areas. VisIt can now build without Mesa, enabling broader support for Ubuntu. VisIt's rendering performance has been improved, making version 2.4.2 at least as fast as versions prior to VisIt 2.4.0. Text annotations have been fixed so they are no longer truncated. A number of improvements have been made to the handling of variables restricted to specific materials. Material selection now works correctly with AMR data sets when changing time steps. Errors have been corrected in the GMV, Nek5000, and Wavefront OBJ plugins.
- By Muovomalta in forum Jobs DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
- By java software in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2011, 07:14 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2007, 05:48 PM