Control Document Generation with New Mail Merge Cleanup Options
What is new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 10.8.0 has been released. This new release allows removing various items from the document while a mail merge is performed. Until this release two properties controlled whether empty paragraphs and regions were removed. It includes a new set of features that allow further control of how documents are generated during mail merge. With the introduction of the new mail merge cleanup options, the old MailMerge.RemoveEmptyRegions property has now become deprecated. It has now been replaced with the MailMergeCleanOptions. RemoveUnusedRegions property. Both properties are available in the API but it must be noted that the underlying functionality of both have changed a little. Now with either of these settings enabled, all unmerged regions in the document will be removed. There are 115 improvements and fixes in this regular monthly release. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Structured Document Tags (SDT) are now well exposed in the public API
- Table layout improvements
- East Asian typography improvements in layout
- Many improvements in RTF, DOC, DOCX, ODT and HTML codecs
- Improvements in output of fonts to PDF
- Introduced mail merge cleanup options that allow more control over document generation
- Web page content is appended to the end of the document when the document is saved to HTTP response.
- Pattern line is rendered to GDI and PDF
- Invalid license now throws an exception.
- The first page Header/Footer missing issue is fixed upon converting to ODT
- Text becomes outline during open/save is resolved.
- Extra paragraph break addition upon importing DOCX is fixed.
- Table formatting lost after open/save RTF document if corrected.
- Paragraph indent is corrected during rendering.
- The first page incorrect page size settings after cnverting to doc is fixed.
- Footer now looks properly after open/save RTF document.
- Aspose.Words now preserve BuiltInDocumentProperties "Status" after open/save.
- Consider adding an option to unlink IF fields upon mail merge.
- WMF images are now displayed correctly during open/save and converting to flow formats.
- Text inside MSDraw shapes is corrected (PDF)
- Size of included image is corrected after converting to other formats.
- Unknown color type encountered during DOCX export is corrected.
- Gradient lost is fixed after open/save .docx file
- OOXML chart loses its property after save/open RTF document
- Incorrect size of rotated WordArt object is corrected after conversion
- Image size correctness upon conversion/rendering RTF document
- Footer missing is fixed after open/save ODT
- Page numbers in TOC are updated correctly in AW
- Expose showingPlcHdr property of SDT.
- Acrobat Reader error is fixed when open PDF produced by Aspose.Words.
- Header/footer disappears after converting RTF to ODT is corrected
- Gradient is corrected during rendering
- Image in the header is distorted, layout is fully damaged after open/save document.
- Shape disappearance after open/save RTF document is fixed.
- Text missing in cells when exporting to HTML is corrected
- Symbols of embedded font are renderered correctly.
- Textbox Size changing during rendering is fixed.
- Allow creating SDT programmatically.
- Spacing After is incorrect during converting DOCX to other formats
- Numbered list is converted to billeted after open/save RTF document.
- Improved Document layout after converting to RTF
- Image disappearance is fixed after rendering the document.
- Font options set for list items are ignored upon rendering.
- Create an article which shows how to create data relations for use with nested mail merge
- Warn user during rendering when document contains unsupported Fonts features.
- Acrobat Reader error is fixed when open PDF produced using Aspose.Words.
- Add support of character spacing between Asian text and Latin text/numbers
- Improved position change of image after open/save ODT document.
- Table is formatted correctly after rendering ODT document.
- Aspose.Words hangs is fixed during HTML export
- Text box decorative border is rendered correctly.
- Asian Typography Character settings lost is fixed during converting doc to rtf.
- Image lost is fixed after converting WML document to other formats.
- Enhanced PDF to XPS conversion.
- Spacing between two table columns is corrected.
- Size with decimal point in SYMBOL field is fixed upon rendering.
- Enhanced vertical Text direction upon conversion to ODT to DOC and vice versa
- Empty picture insertion is fixed in the generated rtf file
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Joining and Appending Documents
- How-to: Use Advanced Mail Merge Features ?
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Aspose.Words for . Java
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET:
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts