Aspose.Newsletter January 2012 Edition is out Now
Aspose Newsletter for January 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows applying protection to a presentation with Aspose.Slides for .NET & a migration tip for joining documents into a new document with Aspose.Words. A video tutorial for Importing data from a database with Aspose.Cells for Java.
Wishing you all a great new 2012
Welcome to 2012! December and January are months for reflection and like many other companies, we have spent some time looking back at the year that past and thinking about what we want to achieve in the year ahead. 2011 was a good year for Aspose . We released five new products. We improved our existing products in more ways that you can easily count. Our users helped us win community awards. To give back to the community, we supported user groups and conferences. Our all new Consulting services gave us some really interesting projects. We even reached 10,000 customers. In 2012, we want to keep this momentum and continue to deliver services and products that our users really need. Watch this space.
Product Spotlight – Aspose.OCR for .NET
Aspose.OCR for .NET is a character recognition component that allows developers to add OCR functionality to their ASP.NET applications. It provides a simple set of classes for controlling character recognition. Click here to download the latest release of Aspose.OCR for .NET .
Technical Article – Applying protection to a presentation with Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose provides security features beyond those offered by Microsoft PowerPoint. One of the things that we let you do is lock shapes and groups in the document so that they cannot be edited. You can then distribute the presentation in the knowledge that no one can manipulate it. Click here to read complete article about Applying protection to a presentation .
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4 - a hotfix that improves performance and adds three new features.
- Aspose.Words for .NET - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.5.0 - allows you to set page background colour and attach MP3 files to a PDF, along with other improvements.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.7.0 - allows you to recognize presentations with signatures and add chart and other shapes to placeholders.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 4.4.1 - hotfix that fixes a couple of platform specific issues.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.7.0 - adds support for rendering shadows on shapes and a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.2.0- adds support for creating and opening indexed PSD.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 1.2.0 - adds printing support for message, access to default folders and several other features and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.4 - adds support for LightCellsDataProvider and a number of other features and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Java - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 4.0.1 - hotfix that improves text replacement performance.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 4.4.0 - now in line with Aspose.BarCode for .NET.
- Aspose.Metafiles for Java 1.7.1- hotfix that improves text replacement performance.
- Aspose.Email for Java 1.1.0 - allows you to create PST files, add a BCC field to MHT headers, identify mail folders in PST files and more.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint - a compilation of our latest.
- Aspose.Cells for SharePoint 2.0.2 - improved shape rendering.
- Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.1.0 - allows SharePoint users to export Wiki pages and more to PDF
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services - a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.4.0 - adds support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services and other fixes and features.
- Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services - improves performance and adds another few fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 4.4.1 - improves performance and adds another few fixes.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
Tutorial Video – Extracting contacts from PST files with Aspose.Email for .NET
With Aspose.Email for .NET it is easy to extract contacts from a PST file. The process is simple: open an existing PST file, access its contact folder and save each contact as vCard and Outlook MSG files. This video takes you through the steps in just under four minutes. Click here to view video tutorial Extract contacts from a PST file
Migration Tip – Changing the page setup for a document using Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words for .NET allows you to work with Microsoft Word documents from within your applications independent of Microsoft Automation. You can manipulate Word documents without having to interact with other applications on the machine or server. The process is fast and stable. This tip shows you how to use Aspose.Words for .NET to change the page setup for a document. Click to view complete details about Changing the page setup for a document .
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, January 2012 edition
– Collect the English version of this newsletter.
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts