Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Integrated Data Viewer 3.0
- 10-06-2011, 07:59 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Rep Power
Integrated Data Viewer 3.0
The Integrated Data Viewer (IDV) is a framework for visualizing and analyzing geoscience data. It includes a Java-based software library and applications made from that software. It uses the VisAD library for data and display models as well as other Java utility packages. It brings together the ability to display and work with satellite imagery, gridded data (primarily from model output), and surface, upper air, and radar data within a unified interface. The IDV "reference application" provides many of the standard 2-D data displays that other Unidata packages (e.g. GEMPAK and McIDAS) provide. It also provides 3-D views of the atmosphere and allows users to interactively slice, dice, and probe the data to create cross-sections, profiles, animations, and value read-outs of multi-dimensional data sets. Computation and display of built-in and user-supplied formula-based derived quantities is supported as well.
This release adds rid ensemble viewing capability and diagnostic functions, and hovmoller display capability. It has improved VisAD contour labels. IDV memory allocation is now automatically done according to the user'smachine specifications. The IDV can now be installed as a Mac OS X bundle. There is support for GrADS datasets. Assorted bugfixes have been made.
URL: Unidata | IDV
- By AndyZwer in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
- By Azarael hashem in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2010, 06:36 AM
- By mahesh.komuravelli in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM
- By pestilencia in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-24-2009, 03:13 AM
- By sri_reddy523 in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2009, 08:05 AM