Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
Field Update & Table of Contents Improvements in Java & .NET App.
What is new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java 10.1.0 has been released. This very important release includes Field Update and Table of Contents (TOC) Improvements. There was a performance decrease since version 9.6 reported by our users. It is no longer there. Aspose.Words can update most of the fields in a document and do that in the way exactly like Microsoft Word would have done that. For example, you can assemble a document in your Java or .NET application, then insert a TOC field programmatically and execute com.aspose.words.Document.updateFields() and bang! The TOC is generated for the entire document and includes correct formatting and page numbers. The field update feature in Aspose.Words is quite mature, but our customers continue to come up with even more complex or tricky documents that require more fidelity improvements and fixes that we are glad to do. This release includes about 20 such fixes. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Add a readme file to the .NET samples
- Add an icon to DocumentExplorer for OfficeMath
- Table border lost issues are resolved after open/save the document
- Make solution files for Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 for the .NET demos and samples
- Some sample projects cannot be opened in Visual Studio 2005 is resolved now
- Update any external DLLs used in the Demos and Samples
- Create an article and sample code for how to manually handle unmerged regions in a document using custom code
- Update "howto run aspose.words with mono" article.
- Update list of supported features in HTML.
- Office Math equation appears different after open/save
- Add support of Glyph strings in EMF
- Add support of picture fills in DML rendering
- Text looks a bit heavier than in original document.
- Incorrect append bulleted list documents together is resolved now.
- Line spacing issue is fixed now when exporting DOCX to HTML
- Extra items have been added to TOC after UpdateFields is fixed now
- TabStops are corrected after update TOC.
- TOC field includes empty entries after being updated in AW is resolved now
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How-to: Produce Multiple Documents during Mail Merge
- How-to: Use Advanced Mail Merge Features
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Aspose.Words for Java
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words Blog
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - The .NET and Java component publisher
- By tarkowc in forum JDBCReplies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
- By sasi.tati in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
- By chyrl in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 10Last Post: 04-17-2010, 05:26 AM
- By tudorH in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 03-20-2010, 06:53 PM