Aspose.Newsletter April 2011 Edition is out now
Aspose Newsletter for April 2011 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article explains how to create a web service that generates a barcode using Aspose.BarCode for .NET. The demo for finding the original ID of an external task & migration to Aspose.Words for .NET 9.2 or higher in the migration tip section.
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Total receives ComponentSource awards
ComponentsSource is a leading online software vendor who offers products from over 250 vendors to over 125,000 customers. Every year, they put together a list of the best selling companies and products that they work with. There are two categories: Bestselling Publisher Awards, and Bestselling Product Awards. Aspose placed in both categories and collected a total of four awards.
Among our products, both Aspose.Total and Aspose.Words received Top 25 Product awards, and Aspose.Cells received a Top 50 Products award. We are particularly proud to find ourselves in the top of the Best Selling Publisher Award. Since this award is based on our sales through ComponentSource, it is unbiased proof of how popular our products are. Our customers are voting with their pockets and there is no better endorsement. We want to thank all of our customers for their confidence in us and look forward to supporting them throughout 2011-2012. To know more please visit .NET Component Suites page.
Technical Article – Using Web Services to Create Barcodes with Aspose.BarCode for .NET
Web services allow you to integrate software with external applications. Using a standardized request/response model, any client application that can use XML web service can benefit from it. This technical article demonstrates how to create a web service that creates a barcode using Aspose.BarCode for .NET and a WinForms client or a web client. The client application simply sends to string values to the server (codetext and symbology) and Aspose.BarCode takes care of the rest. Click here to Use Web Services to Create Barcode .
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 9.7.0 - introduces creation of PDFs with access permissions and encryption.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.3.1 - hotfix that adds support for Arabic text in PDF conversion and 17 fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 5.0.1 - adds a number of fixes and improves HTML & PDF conversion and TOC management.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.0.0 - introduces adding and copying slide notes an getting thumbnails from PPTX files.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 5.4.0 - introduces an overload to Strip method to support streams and a number of fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 3.9.1 introduces rotation adjustment and a couple of fixes.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 3.6.0 - adds read/write MS Office Project 2010 XML capability among other new features.
- Aspose.Network for .NET 6.2.0 - adds a number of new features and enhancements.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.0.0 - introduces a new .NET product, a pure .NET alternative to MS Visio Object Model.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 2.5.2 - adds support for pivot tables from template files as well as other features and enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services - a compilation of our latest SSRS products.
- Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.1.0 - introduces support for super- and subscript text in PDFs and fixes an issue with margins.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReport products.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint - a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Network for SharePoint 1.2.0 - adds Banckle synchronisation features
Tutorial Video – Finding the Original ID of an External Task in Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Do you need to find out the ID of an external task from within your application? When you are using Aspose.Tasks for .NET to work with Microsoft Project files, it is easy. This tutorial shows how to do it, from creating the external task in Microsoft Project to writing the code to find its ID number in Visual Studio. The whole process takes just over two minutes. Click here to watch Video. Finding the Original ID of an External Task .
Migration Tip – Migration to Aspose.Words for .NET 9.2 or Higher
Aspose.Words for .NET and Java 10 is coming ever closer. Now is a good time to make sure that your projects are up-to-date and ready for the next step up. We know how annoying it is when an API that you have implemented changes so we try to keep changes down to a minimum. With Aspose.Words for .NET 9.2 we had to make a couple of small changes to make the API better organised and to help the autoporting work we are doing on the Java platform. This article explains the differences and how to update your code. Click here to read the tip Migration to Aspose.Words for .NET
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, April 2010 edition
– Collect the English version of this newsletter.
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts