Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Jasypt 1.3
- 05-17-2007, 09:22 AM #1levent Guest
Jasypt (Java Simplified Encryption) is a library aimed at providing developers a simple way to add encryption capabilities to their projects including: password digesting, text/binary encryption, Hibernate transparent encryption and Spring Security (ACEGI) integration.
- A new open provider API which allows the use of non-default JCE providers like Bouncy Castle . With this, any PBE or digest algorithm you can get from any JCE provider is available for you to use with Jasypt.
- A new web PBE configuration system for avoiding storing encryption passwords in files in web applications , and instead asking the authorised admin for these passwords through a web form each time the application is deployed.
- Ability to output Strings encoded in hexadecimal besides BASE64.
- Other minor new features like Unicode text normalization applied to password matching.
- New and updated documentation and new article: How to encrypt user passwords.
URL: Jasypt: Java simplified encryption - Main