SystemClipboard - simplify interaction with the system clipboard
Java's Clipboard class implements methods that allow interacting with the system clipboard, as well as creating your own local clipboard. The class has amazing potential, but it lacks the necessary helper classes to reach this potential.
SystemClipboard is a free Java utility class that adds these helper classes, allowing full access to the clipboard, while simplifying the functionality already supported in Java's clipboard class.
SystemClipboard works with Java 1.5 and above.
- asType() - returns the clipboard's contents with the specified type
- copy(data) - copies the given data to the clipboard
- isType() - returns whether the clipboard's contents can be represented as the specified type
- clipboard() - returns the system clipboard
- clear() or empty() - clears the clipboard, removing its contents
- isEmpty() - returns true if, and only if, getAvailableDataFlavors().length is 0
- Delegate methods for each method in the Clipboard class
Check out SystemClipboard and post any questions, bug reports, or feature requests on the SystemClipboard forums.