Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: GeoServer 1.6.0-beta2
- 07-17-2007, 07:02 PM #1
GeoServer connects your information to the Geospatial Web. With GeoServer, you can publish and edit data using open standards. Your information is made available in a large variety of formats as maps/images or actual geospatial data. GeoServer's transactional capabilities offer robust support for shared editing. It supports WFS-T and WMS open protocols from the OGC to produce JPEG, PNG, SVG, KML/KMZ, GML, PDF, Shapefiles, and more. It is built on the GeoTools2 Java GIS toolkit.
The biggest improvement is that the connection pool code has been swapped out to be more Java EE compliant, allowing use of JNDI configurations, and defaulting to DBCP. This gives much more control over number of connections and revalidation of lost connections. This release also has better logging options, giving users more options with levels and where the output goes. Reprojection in WFS is working again. There are integrated demos for Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, and Virtual Earth. dateTimes are working again. There are numerous small bugfixes.
URL: Experimental - Confluence
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2008, 06:13 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2007, 09:54 AM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:40 AM