Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: GeoServer 1.6.0-beta1
- 07-06-2007, 03:45 PM #1
GeoServer connects your information to the Geospatial Web. With GeoServer, you can publish and edit data using open standards. Your information is made available in a large variety of formats as maps/images or actual geospatial data. GeoServer's transactional capabilities offer robust support for shared editing. It supports WFS-T and WMS open protocols from the OGC to produce JPEG, PNG, SVG, KML/KMZ, GML, PDF, Shapefiles, and more. It is built on the GeoTools2 Java GIS toolkit.
This release includes full WFS 1.1 support, GeoRSS as a new output format, many KML improvements, including superoverlays (with the ability to reference a remote TileCache instance) and templated output, and a new integrated Google maps demo. It also integrates Acegi, a great security subsystem. The other big piece is versioning support in the WFS, so one can do history, diffs, and rollbacks on edited geographic features. There are a number of small improvements as well, including syntax highlighting in SLD editing and an improved preview window for sample requests.
URL: Experimental - Confluence
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-01-2007, 06:48 AM