Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-24-2012, 08:09 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- Memphis, TN
- Rep Power
HttpSession problem when client and servlet on the same host
In my application, a java client program is accessing a servlet. Debugging the servlet I discovered that HttpSession.isNew() always returns TRUE when the client is on the same host as the servlet. The servlet returns XML data. The client is treating the servlet as an InputStream.
It works OK when the client is on a different machine, like my desktop PC.
I access the servlet using a fully qualified domain name, but it is locally resolved. The final domain name is TBD and not yet on a DNS server.
I started using Tomcat5. Upgraded to Tomcat 6. No improvement.
According to my research, my problem can occur if the client refuses to accept the session. I tried using the HttpClient library, but it did not help.
For debugging, this is a BIG problem since all develop and unit test are on the same server.
I simply do not know enough about Tomcat to troubleshoot the session mechanism.
Any input would be appreciated.
- By ChexWithRaisins in forum Java ServletReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2011, 05:29 AM
- By varadha in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 02-10-2010, 09:03 PM
- By isotoper in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 12-24-2009, 04:41 PM
- By kairamr in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
- By heyhey in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM