Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 08-03-2011, 05:29 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Rep Power
Use Servlet for client to client communication?
I would appreciate some input for a program I'm writing. Keep in mind that I am new to programming and am learning it for the express purpose of making this app.
I need a way for two remote client apps to communicate to each other. The client app will use a Swing GUI and is not in a browser. I have a central server and database that I want remote clients to have the ability to use it in order to connect them to another user.
What is a good way to do this? Should I use RMI? Do servlets come in to play or are they only for html and jsp?
I have J2EE and am using Netbeans with Glassfish for a server and Derby for my databases. My apologies if I have butchered concepts that I am just now becoming familiar with.
Any direction in regard to books that I could get to facilitate this would be helpful as well.
- By ja107 in forum NetworkingReplies: 6Last Post: 10-09-2010, 02:52 AM
- By santhosh_el in forum NetworkingReplies: 5Last Post: 11-01-2009, 06:16 PM
- By heyhey in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2007, 06:11 PM
- By heyhey in forum Java ServletReplies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
- By revathi17 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2007, 02:21 PM