Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
General info about communication between servlet and database
I m quite new to servlets and i would like to ask a few basic things. First of all i should mention that i use net beans 6.9.1 as my IDE and what i m trying to do is access the IDE derby database through a servlet having created a web application project. Does the servlet need to have code embbeded for the connection or the database is always connected? Is there a difference between the versions of Java EE that i can use (Java EE 6 Web, Java EE 5, J2EE 1.4)? If anyone can provide me with links on basic steps for what i m trying to do i would be grateful because i have searched but they don 't seem to help or maybe it's my lack of understanding.
Thanks in advance!
- By Darego in forum Java GamingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
- By narcissist in forum Java ServletReplies: 4Last Post: 12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
- By viswamadhavi in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
- By prabhurangan in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
- By hardc0d3r in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM