Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-18-2010, 03:30 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Rep Power
session expires between http and https
I have an issue moving from http to https on a website. All is fine with the session when browsing the site over http, however, when I browse the site over https, I believe the session expires, as I cannot access some attributes I have in session. I'm using tomcat 5.5, so I don't think tomcat is dropping session data, so I believe the session is expiring. This doesn't happen all the time, only intermittently, so why would the session randomly expire when moving from http to https?
I believe the solution to this problem is to invalidate the existing session over http and create a new secure one over https. That should solve the problem. But I don't understand why the intermittent expiration?
- By sanjeevtarar in forum Java ServletReplies: 12Last Post: 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
- By kzvi.kzvi.1 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
- By amu in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2008, 09:16 AM
- By mutuah in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM