Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 03-16-2010, 08:36 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
Java Servlet and Web Services Communication
I have developed a java web application and the purpose of the application is to fetch the data which are updated or new from another site using their remote services. I have created a servlet and created some methods. These methods are accessible by passing the methodname as query parameter while calling the servlet. I have also created a web service for the methods which are available in servlet (in a separate class).
I have deployed the web service on Tomcat 5.5.9/Axis and web application on Tomcat ( same instance of Tomcat). Since one is web service and other is web application, I am duplicating the business logic/components and both are running separately also. I would like to use my business logic/components on either in web service or web application and divert the call from one to other.
(1) if I use the business logic/components on web service, then from my servlet, I would like to call the web service and return the result
(2) if I use the business logic/components on web application, then from my web service, I would like to call the servlet and return the result
Pl. advice me which one from the above method is good and how to implement that.
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum Java ServletReplies: 36Last Post: 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
- By viswamadhavi in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
- By davidbaker29 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2009, 12:20 PM
- By ahalyapriya in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2009, 06:20 AM
- By hardc0d3r in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM