Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Maximum size of POST to Servlet
- 03-04-2009, 12:35 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Rep Power
Maximum size of POST to Servlet
I'm currently working on a web application which sould be able to deal with large multimedia-files.
For uploading the files I'm using the Apache Commons FileUpload library.
This works great for files up to 2GB, but when I try it with files larger than 2GB, things go wrong:
The upload doesn't start, in fact, the doPost()-method of the Servlet which handles the upload-request is never called.
I think this might have something to do with the contentLength-property of ServletRequest, which is an integer (so contentLengths > 2GB would cause an overflow), but I'm not sure this is the problem.
So: is it true that the maximum size of a post to a servlet cannot exceed 2GB?
And is there somenone who could giveme some hints about how to make it possible to upload huge files? Files-sizes up to 50GB and more should be supported (raw and un-encode videofiles that are)
Thanks in advance, you would really help me out!
- By Bit2_Gosu in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
- By esh21 in forum NetBeansReplies: 4Last Post: 08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
- By Eric in forum Java ServletReplies: 2Last Post: 07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
- By Eric in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-01-2007, 04:15 AM
- By Hasan in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2007, 11:11 AM