Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: problem compiling servlet
- 02-12-2009, 09:20 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Rep Power
problem compiling servlet
I have been trying to learn servlets for the past week. I wrote a sample example and am trying to compile it but have been getting problems.
When I write javac -classpath /personal practice/tomcat/common/lib/servlet-api.jar -d classes src/Ch1Servlet.java on the command line I get the message that 'javac' is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
My source file Ch1Servlet.java is under project1/src directory
I want my class file to be placed under project1/classes directory
I have also mentioned the path of the servlet-api.jar in the command.
My classpath has been set to C:/program files/java/jdk1.6.0_12/bin
I just can't figure out why javac is not being recognised as a command.
Can anyone please help me.
- 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM #2
- By maheshkanda in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
- By saint_jorjo in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
- By *New Programer* in forum Java ServletReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2007, 10:15 AM
- By boy22 in forum Java ServletReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM
- By sathish04021984 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:26 AM