Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM #1
[SOLVED] Looking for web.xml syntax doc
The doc for Tomcat has a very short paragraph on the web.xml file and a few scattered tidbits but no one place I've found that gives all of it.
In another section of the Tomcat doc it says there is doc with several chapters:
Servlet API Specification, Version 2.4. Describes the programming environment that must be provided by all servlet containers conforming to this specification. In particular, you will need this document to understand the web application directory structure and deployment file (Chapter 9), methods of mapping request URIs to servlets (Chapter 11), container managed security (Chapter 12), and the syntax of the web.xml Web Application Deployment Descriptor (Chapter 13). The Javadoc API Documentation is included in the specification, and with the Tomcat download.
The complete syntax and semantics for the deployment descriptor is defined in Chapter 13 of the Servlet API Specification, version 2.3.
- 08-21-2008, 05:40 PM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Bali, Indonesia
- Rep Power
- 08-21-2008, 07:59 PM #3
- By Java Tip in forum SWT TipsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:31 PM
- By obdi in forum New To JavaReplies: 13Last Post: 07-06-2008, 09:11 AM
- By jatrant in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
- By MrKP in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2008, 07:05 AM
- By gabriel in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2007, 03:26 PM