Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: JTextArea Help
- 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Rep Power
as i said in a previous thread i am developing a text adventure game using swing. At the moment i can only output to the console using the following :
this.println(" Start Game");
this.println(" Terminate Game");
i have a class creating the GUI and a seperate class which handles all the input from the player.
I would like to enter the players decision (eg gonorth) into a textfield and have the corresponding action out to the text area.
So instead of entering 1 for the above example into the console you would enter one into the text field and the corresponding message, "game has started" would be seen in the textarea
Any help would be appreciated thanks :D
- 04-11-2012, 06:28 PM #2
Re: JTextArea HelpIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By larry_d1990 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM
- By Richy76 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
- By KristoZ in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
- By makpandian in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
- By saytri in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2008, 02:07 AM