Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
Java is crashing when trying to launch Minecraft
I hope I am posting this in the right place first of all. I am just looking to get some help with trying to launch a game called minecraft that operates on the Java platform.
I've just finished building my new PC, and everything is working great on my rig. Its a windows 7 equipped PC with an i5 processor and an XFX Radeon 6850 GPU.
The crash log states the following:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x69078176, pid=2524, tid=5920
# JRE version: 6.0_24-b07
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (19.1-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x48176]
From what I've been able to research so far with some simple Google searches, it looks like my ATI drivers may be the issue right?
I used memetest86 to verify my RAM is up to par, and each 2GB stick tests out just fine.
Any ideas for me?
- By UniiqueHD in forum New To JavaReplies: 18Last Post: 09-20-2011, 12:37 AM
- By Lipton in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
- By marco473 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM
- By BoredomKills in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 01-11-2011, 02:38 AM