Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Recommend a book?
- 06-23-2010, 07:43 AM #1
Recommend a book?
Hi there. Just wondering if you could recommend a book for me. I've had this idea stuck in my head for a couple of years for a game and I've finally got some free time to work on it. My concept is moderately complicated and involves a 2D sidescroller with scrolling backgrounds (preferably with multiple layers), one player controlled character sprite with about four or five separate movements, collision detection, up to about four or five moving enemy sprites onscreen at a time, sound effects, and background music in MIDI or compressed PCM format. Something like one of the old Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo era adventure games...
Here's what I already know: I've had a couple of years experience programming in Java, but not much in the way of Java 2D. I've done this tutorial, and I have the book "Java 2D Graphics" by Jonathan Knudsen, which seems like a good starting point(although I haven't had the chance to read it yet). In terms of game programming, the only experience I've had so far is programming demos in M68K assembly for the Sega CD (a lot more fun than it sounds) and a few Java text adventures and semi-graphical simulations.
So, based on that, what would you recommend?
- 06-29-2010, 02:37 PM #2Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Rep Power
- 06-30-2010, 10:36 PM #3
Thanks, I'll check it out.
- 08-29-2010, 06:35 AM #4EliteHussar Guest
- By o0oNorao0o in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 01-13-2010, 03:41 PM
- By Addez in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
- By hyang in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-20-2009, 05:16 AM
- By meili100 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:00 AM
- By tommy in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:39 PM