View Poll Results: Have you seen this behavior?
- 0. You may not vote on this poll
No, and I have a Mac laptop with the latest browsers.
No, but I don't have a Mac.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 05-24-2012, 10:08 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Rep Power
Safari and Firefox applets stop working when laptop closed and opened again
A new behavior I have noticed just recently on my Mac laptop is that applets I have open in Safari or Firefox quit working if I close my laptop for an extended time (over a few minutes) and then open it back up again (without closing the browsers of course). The applet window is still there, but the applet is either black or has a red x in it. I have to refresh the applet webpage to use the applet again, but this restarts the applet. This is very strange and quite inconvenient behavior, as I like to keep my applets open and have them keep their states between sessions when I can work on them.
I am guessing that this is some kind of new security "feature", either in Java or in the browsers. Does anyone else see this behavior? Does anyone know how to change the settings (either in the browser or in Java on the Mac) so that this does not happen?
- By pseeburger in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2012, 10:53 PM
- By aybeeryu in forum Java AppletsReplies: 6Last Post: 08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
- By yanran336 in forum Java AppletsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
- By charan reddy in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 18Last Post: 10-03-2009, 03:01 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2007, 11:57 AM