Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: JApplet and constructor
- 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
- Rep Power
JApplet and constructor
I can see that a JApplet object can only have a constructor without parameters.
Is the reason is because the parameter values are recovered from the html file from the name and value contents in the PARAM mark For example : <param name = "month", value ="april"> and, after in the applet object with the getParameter method?
Other question: if we can use the constructor or the init method to initialise graphic composants of a JApplet objet , why is it better ( that's what i have learned) to use the init method rather than the constructor?
Is the getParameter method can not be used in the default a contrusctor?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Last edited by curious_programmer; 05-08-2012 at 05:10 PM.
- 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM #2
Re: JApplet and constructor
Read all about it in Methods for Milestones (The Java™ Tutorials > Deployment > Java Applets)
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM #3
- By b.m in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
- By ld_pvl in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2009, 01:40 PM
- By ramesh.8189 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 13Last Post: 02-08-2009, 06:14 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2007, 09:10 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2007, 09:01 AM