Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 10-31-2011, 07:44 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Rep Power
Embedding an Applet within an Application?
Okay, so I've been professionally programming in Java for about 3 years now, and there's still much to learn. I'm trying to accomplish embedding a Java Applet within a Java Application. Basically I'm making a new Minecraft Classic client, and have 3 options. #1 being what I'd prefer to do.
1) Embed an Applet within my JFrame.
2) Create an web browser that will run the Applet.
3) Learn everything about LWJGL and redraw everything. (Rendering Library Minecraft uses.)
Again, I'd prefer to accomplish #1, so if anyone knows how to do this, please help me out. If you would like to get involved in the development talk to me on Skype: oliver123pok.
Thanks for the help!
- 11-03-2011, 01:30 AM #2
Re: Embedding an Applet within an Application?1) Embed an Applet within my JFrame.
Then you would be able to add that container to a JFrame.
If the applet code uses any of the applet context methods that are normally supported by a browser, you will need to provide the code to support those methods.
- By vin_eets in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2011, 02:05 PM
- By crikey in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
- By Unome in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2009, 04:40 AM
- By Nicolai in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
- By Java Tip in forum SWT TipsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:34 PM