Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Blank screen in Java applet
- 10-07-2011, 04:55 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Rep Power
Blank screen in Java applet
I have a game which I've written in Java using netbeans. It consists of server software and a client applet. When I load the client applet through netbeans or in firefox I just get a blank white screen which then picks up the image from whatever is behind it when I change windows and go back to it. All this happens on my old computer which is quite slow, it has Windows Vista on it and Apache Server. As far as I can see there are no errors in Java. When I run the game on my new laptop, communicating with the server software over the network, it runs without any problems. Also when I run the client on the old laptop but without connecting to the server, the images paint without any problems. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with something I've added recently as it works on the other computer.
I wondered if maybe it has something to do with the version of Java being incompatible with the old OS or something similar.
Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit lost!
Thanks in advance,
- By eyal3400 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 08-05-2011, 03:19 AM
- By AlphaWhelp in forum Java AppletsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-01-2011, 04:20 AM
- By dewitrydan in forum New To JavaReplies: 14Last Post: 08-12-2010, 06:19 PM
- By mohana.krishna in forum Java ServletReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
- By sheriek in forum Java AppletsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM