Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Can't open .Jar file
- 08-27-2011, 10:56 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Rep Power
Can't open .Jar file
I have had problems to open jar files for a long time and decided first now to get some help with it. I am trying to assign more memory to a program called '' Spoutraft '', another version of Minecraft. But to even try to do that I need to open a jar file so I can start installing the launcher.
I am trying ot open it by double-clicking and also tried the CMD. All it says is '' Could not find the main class: C:\Users\Daniel Schnell\Desktop\Spoutcraft.jar. Program will exit. ''
Any suggestions how to fix this? I have tried to open with both javaw and java, nothing works.
Thank you in advance!
- 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM #2
If the jar file contains an application intended to run when you enter the command: java -jar <JARFILE>.jar
then it will have a manifest file listing what class is to be executed first.
If the jar contains an applet to be executed in a browser, it does not use the manifest file. The <APPLET tag has a CODE= attribute that specifies what the starting class is.
What is in the jar file and how is it to be executed?
Open the jar in a zip file utility and see if it has a manifest file and see what is in that file.
- By karno in forum NetBeansReplies: 4Last Post: 03-21-2010, 08:16 AM
- By java_bond in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2010, 05:21 AM
- By mgm2010 in forum JCreatorReplies: 0Last Post: 04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
- By itmani2020 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
- By jason27131 in forum New To JavaReplies: 20Last Post: 08-07-2007, 02:24 AM