Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 07-15-2011, 10:24 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Rep Power
- 07-19-2011, 01:31 AM #2
Lesson: Java Applets (The Java™ Tutorials > Deployment)
This is "the" applet-tutorial, but it has much more then you need. Try to find launching-code examples, and info on the EDT (Event Dispatch Thread), and applet-restrictions.
To just address your question: both JFrame and JApplet are top-level containers. Most programs consist basically of a tree made from nested JPanels (with content). The root of this tree is then contained in a JApplet (applet, able to run on the web) or JFrame (app). You can launch from your applet other free-floating JFrames. You can also make programs that are both applet and application.No bug ever had to calculate its fitnessfunction.
- By Rolf83 in forum Java AppletsReplies: 8Last Post: 06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
- By alacn in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 08-16-2010, 05:42 AM
- By aqualicy in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2010, 05:29 AM
- By ChazZeromus in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 07-27-2009, 11:02 PM
- By ramesh.8189 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 13Last Post: 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM