Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Best way to save high scores
- 05-10-2011, 08:52 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
Best way to save high scores
I was just wondering what the best way would be to store high scores for my small Java game.
I have thought of just saving it into an external txt file, and having that read in each time the game is started, but this makes it too easy for the high scores to be modified, or accidentally deleted.
I don't know how important it is that the high scores can't be modified using a text editor, this is a uni assignment and there is no mention of that fact, only that we need to store high scores and reload them each time the game is started, but I would like to be able to do it so it's a little more secure and can't be tampered with :).
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
- 05-10-2011, 10:09 AM #2
I think you can use cooks for this purpose.Skype: petrarsentev
- 05-10-2011, 11:27 AM #3
Check out the preferences API.
- 05-10-2011, 11:32 AM #4
Sorry I mean cookies.Skype: petrarsentev
- By elenora in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
- By aneuryzma in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
- By aneuryzma in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
- By TheSweetHelloKitty in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 02-15-2011, 11:05 PM
- By Gecko in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 03-02-2010, 07:27 PM