Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
Java Control Panel - Network Settings Disabled
I need help trying to figure out why the networking settings within the Java Control Panel are greyed out.
We are currently using jre1.6.0_13 and we need access to a webpage that uses Java applets yet we get the dreaded "Red X". I degugged the error and it turns out to be a proxy error.
When I open the control panel, the network setting are greyed out and the radio button "Direct Connection" is selected. I need to use the browser setting but I have no idea how to change this.
I appreciate you taking the time to try and help.
PS. We are using Windows XP machines with Servcie Pack 3. To my knowledge there are no other installs of Java involved.
- By valpal1919 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
- By Saran185 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2011, 08:56 AM
- By yuhobebbho in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM
- By arunkumarsimhadri in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM
- By RebelScum in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2008, 04:22 PM