Results 1 to 4 of 4
- 12-17-2010, 05:10 PM #1
Communicating From client applet to my server
First of all, hello Eranga and others haven't been on in a while. This may be an advanced topic.
I am currently running a tomcat server...and have good practice using beans and JSP to collect form data and store it on my server...
I am trying to design an applet with a swing interface and I want to communicate the input back to my server.
I was wondering If some people could guide me to some documentation that explains how to implement the java.net classes / http request/ and also I am looking for a way to possibly append the HTML on the page that the applet is imbeded on.
I have found some stuff and I am having a hard time understanding what to do after I set up a socket.
Or is there a way to catch input from applet on server log
- 12-17-2010, 09:45 PM #2
I finally found a good tutorial here
Network Client Applet Example (The Java™ Tutorials > Deployment > Applets)
but now I need to figure how to start a serverside application on my tomcat or apache 2.2...isn't tomcat already a servlet?
so now I am downloading eclipse
- 12-17-2010, 10:39 PM #3
I am amazed at all the links with people having this problem and no real solid answers...so I am going to find the solution and post it here. The first step is to install an application server and add j2ee to library....i cant afford websphere so I am using Geronomo.
- 12-17-2010, 11:53 PM #4
- By tdnghia89 in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2010, 05:18 AM
- By bobo67 in forum Java AppletsReplies: 17Last Post: 10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
- By Imoracle in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
- By yukijocelyn in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
- By tryit0704 in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM