Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Dialog box clearing graphics
- 12-03-2010, 07:34 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Rep Power
Dialog box clearing graphics
Im having a problem - I have graphics being drawn in an applet's paint method and elsewhere in the applet (some mouse listening). I have a dialog box that pops up and when it shows it erases the image it covers. This seems to happen on XP systems but not Windows 7.
First post, I could send code, if needed.
- 12-03-2010, 08:27 PM #2
Indicative of not performing custom painting the correct way. Recommended reading:
Lesson: Performing Custom Painting (The Java™ Tutorials > Creating a GUI With JFC/Swing)
Also, never never never use getGraphics() of a component.
- By reis3k in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
- By i8java in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
- By ketann in forum Java 2DReplies: 19Last Post: 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
- By sandeepsai17 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM
- By sailor_girl in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 03-01-2009, 06:01 PM