Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 09-20-2010, 10:25 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
- Rep Power
Debug Multiple Java Applet Instances
I have one JRE on my computer that I use to run applets via my web browser. I've set the runtime property so that I can remote debug the Applet as such:
-Djava.compiler=NONE -Xnoagent -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y ,suspend=n
This works fine when I want to debug one Applet....but what if I were to launch two or three different Applets concurrently. I want the ability to attach a remote debugger to each separate Applet instance each with a different remote debugging address.
Is this possible?
Last edited by szgaljic; 09-20-2010 at 10:28 PM.
- 09-21-2010, 04:38 AM #2
There is only one Java VM per browser process. I guess if you were able to run internet explorer, firefox, chrome, and that other popular one what ever it's called, escapes me now.. well different browsers at the same time, one applet per browser. assuming each browser has the options to specify the JRE settings to use a different port number.
Another idea, might be to create a "debug aggergator applet, which the other applets communicate with and send their debug infomation to, and then your remote debuuger connects to the java vm and interacts with the stuff available in this single debugger applet. See also: Applet : Java Glossary
- By alacn in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2010, 06:37 AM
- By Grimmjow in forum New To JavaReplies: 16Last Post: 05-22-2010, 03:51 AM
- By virex in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2010, 03:03 PM
- By CJSLMAN in forum New To JavaReplies: 60Last Post: 07-04-2009, 10:28 AM
- By lordbob75 in forum Java AppletsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-08-2009, 01:22 AM