Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Applet and stop() method
- 09-06-2010, 09:37 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
Applet and stop() method
Hi guys ,
i need some help abbout jApplet and stop() method ,and GUI blocking.
1: I wrote a code of some applet that communicate with a server : ( my applet connect to one server an receive messages and display for the user ) . The problem is : each time i switched to another the page , the applet donīt working more (no message are receive more) , i need to have my applet working without interruption only when i click to disconnect , the applet have to be quiet . I read somewhere , each Time you switched in another window , the stop() method are calling .
2: when i send a command to my server by clicking on a Button, the GUI block.
i have the same problem in the passt by running my applet in Netbeans , but i solved it using Thread . now the same problem occur when i run my applet into a Browser (IE , mozilla ...)
any idea how to solve my problem ?
Thanks for you reply and sorry for my poor english
cross-post: sun thread
Please notify all of any cross-posts.
For your second question, I believe that the answer is the same -- use a background thread such as a SwingWorker.
- 09-08-2010, 12:44 AM #3
- By mneskovic in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM
- By moamen in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
- By charan reddy in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 18Last Post: 10-03-2009, 03:01 PM
- By javanoobita in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 02-22-2009, 07:31 AM
- By shwein in forum Java AppletsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-01-2008, 05:45 PM