Hi everybody !
if anyone interrested : 3DzzD has been released under LGPL (Free/Opensource).
the engine works on all JVM including MS Java 1.1, it run full 3D software but can use 3D hardware on user request (requiere Java 1.4+)
you can check lastest small demos made with it :
demo.dzzd.net/ROAD8/ => 3D Racer
demo.dzzd.net/FPSSample9/ => 3D FPS
you can download current & futur release here :
Java 3D engine
New release comming soon :
- New tutorials : create mesh,material,etc.. by hand / the basic of collision
- Better memory managment (20/30 % less memory used)
- Full 3d scene serialisation/deserialisation at runtime (enable easy save & load and specialy usefull for network game when new client connect)
- Edges antialiasing improvment (see below)
- Lot of removed bugs and code cleaned
See online 3D preview here : demo.dzzd.net/View3D/IPHONE.html