Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Applet connecting to server
- 11-15-2008, 05:06 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
- Rep Power
Applet connecting to server
I don't know very much about networking or applets. Basically, I need a way for the server to send information to the browser outside of a response to an HTTPrequest; I don't want to have to continually poll the server using AJAX.
My question is: can an applet always open a socket to the host on which they were loaded? With s = new Socket( this.getCodeBase().getHost() ) , that is?
Nothing else I have to do? No security problems or firewalls or anything to worry about?
Any help is very much appreciated.
- 11-15-2008, 05:32 PM #2
In general, an Applet talk to server from which it came with remarkably few issues.Introduction to Programming Using Java.
Cybercartography: A new theoretical construct proposed by D.R. Fraser Taylor
- By hisouka in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 0Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:23 AM
- By rmaadil in forum JDBCReplies: 7Last Post: 08-20-2008, 05:53 PM
- By Preethi in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.netReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
- By ibanez270dx in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2007, 12:51 AM