Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 09-12-2011, 07:15 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Rep Power
Can you display non-unicode fonts like Wingdings?
From what I've read, fonts like Wingdings are non-unicode. But Java only works with unicode characters, right? If I try to display Wingdings I only see squares, I'm assuming because it is trying to look under the wrong mapping (ie, it doesn't know how to find the glyph for character code 0x2E). I haven't been able to see anything but the square it prints when it can't display a glyph in either a Swing element (JTextField, etc) or through drawing the text onto a JPanel with Graphics2D.drawString. I can see Wingdings in the font list of available fonts and it shows it has 226 glyphs (Font.getNumGlyphs()). Obviously, it knows there are glyphs, but is unable to display them. Is there a workaround to get the font to display fonts that are encoded with a single byte?
- By mazhar in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM
- By billq in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
- By dbashby in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:32 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.awtReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2008, 10:33 AM