Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Volatile image vs buffered image
- 04-17-2011, 11:31 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Rep Power
Volatile image vs buffered image
I was reading a number of documents online to find the most efficient way to draw a number of items on the screen. Lots of documents seem to lean towards using buffered images however i read on the sun website that volatile images allow hardware acceleration on systems where it is available. What would you guys recommend for a 2d map editor?
heres a link i was reading:
VolatileImage (Java 2 Platform SE v1.4.2)
The application im creating will not require anymore than 1 animation being played at a time and its main purpose is just to lay out images into a tile system if this makes my requirement any clearer.
- By trishtren in forum Java 2DReplies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
- By VortexSpin in forum Java 2DReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2011, 06:54 AM
- By fatmat9 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2010, 04:23 AM
- By rosh72851 in forum New To JavaReplies: 24Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:43 AM
- By pedjasmek in forum Java 2DReplies: 7Last Post: 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM